Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Business Development Director who will be responsible for driving revenue growth by leading front end pursuits and campaigns for both new technology for existing customers and new technology for new customers. This role is for our Weapons Carriage & Release products.
The position is based in Wimborne, Dorset but will require frequent international travel. You will report directly to VP Weapons Carriage & Release, and manage a small team of other BD professionals.
As a Business Development Director your skills and experience will include: -
- Extensive experience in BD leadership working autonomously on high-value campaigns within a military aerospace environment
- Weapons Carriage and release and/ or aerospace weapons product experience is essential
- Sustained achievement of short and long range growth plans through excellent Pipeline management and strategies to achieve global market lead
- Knowledge and experience of the weapons carriage and release market, the customer community, their operational requirements and buying influences.
- Strong commercial acumen in relevant business contracting environment.
- Successful implementation and continuous improvement of BD processes
- Track record of excellent customer and industry relationships
- Reputation for balanced customer and business advocacy
- Experience as a Capture Manager using LCM, Shipley or similar life-cycle management processes.
- Experience of engaging with senior-level customer stakeholders within the global market-place.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Business Development Director your main responsibilities will involve: -
- Leading BU BD business strategy development, market analysis and growth plans. Providing input to product and technology roadmaps
- Maintaining pipeline health to meet order intake targets to support revenue generation
- Developing compelling business cases for Private Venture funding
- Recommending potential partnerships, investments and M&A opportunities
- Managing and assuring customer relationships through Service Excellence approaches including Customer Satisfaction management for key customers.
- Attendance at trade shows and events to promote Cobham and to market relevant products
- Ensuring the BD team structure and competencies are suitable to meet the business needs
- Acting as a Capture Team leader; support BD team capture activity
- Bringing the 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviours that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
- Using Cobham Business Win and Bid Management processes identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.